Is a health career right for you?
Did you know there are more than 350 different roles in health? You can work in the NHS, a charity or a partnership between the NHS and a local authority department, such as social care or children’s services, and there's a wide range of roles in private healthcare too.
Whatever your background, previous work experience or qualifications there will be a full-time or part-time healthcare role for you.
Here are just some of the reasons you may wish to move into healthcare:
- perhaps you are interested in working directly with patients or helping to support those staff that do
- perhaps you have knowledge you could bring to working in healthcare science; in a laboratory testing role, at the cutting edge of medical research or using and maintaining state of the art equipment
- you could work in a range of settings including hospitals, clinics or in the community alongside social care workers
- you may wish to use previous experience and qualifications in areas such as administration, accountancy or management
- or perhaps you would like to use your practical skills, such as catering, gardening or plumbing in a different workplace
Follow the links below to help inform your thinking about a career in health.
- exploring your options
- identifying your transferable skills
- using your caring skills
- answer questions and find the health career for you