Improving your chances
There are lots of things you can do to improve your chances of finding a job in healthcare.
The Health Careers website has lots of information and tips to help you gain relevant experience and plan your career.
Click on the links below to find out more.
- gaining relevant experience such as work experience, a paid job or voluntary work
- planning your career - tools, tips, advice and exercises for planning your career - a four stage process including:
- self assessment – analyse your values, skills and interests to determine what you want from a career. This will help you find a job that’s right for you – one you enjoy and are happy in
- exploring your options - ways in which you can research your options for a career in health
- decision-making – discover the different approaches and use the exercises in this section to help you make effective career decisions which suit your personal style
- applications forms and interviews – tips on how to ensure your application form stands out and how to succeed during the interview