Decision making exercises
This page provides some useful exercises that are designed to help you consider decisions in a thoughtful way.
Try out some of the exercises below to help you with these decisions:
When using the exercises, bear in mind:
- different people make decisions in different ways – if you have a method that works then use it
- you must take responsibility for your own decisions. Good decisions come from examining the reasons that underpin them and these tools will help you to do this
- if one approach doesn’t work, try adopting a different strategy
- you can only make a decision based on the information known at the time. Do you need to do some more research?
- perfect decisions are rare. Strive to make a decision which best fits your ideal criteria in light of your current circumstances
At first, this may seem labour-intensive but rest assured that these exercises can provide a structure and balance that just ‘thinking things through’ cannot.