Medical experience elsewhere in the EEA

This page outlines the rules governing training within the EEA, including entitlement to registration in other EEA countries, approved training posts and whether these can count towards Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT).

Any doctor who is a citizen of the EEA or Switzerland, has completed basic medical training, holds a recognisable qualification and has full registration in the country they trained in is automatically entitled to full registration in other EEA countries and Switzerland.

In the UK, completing basic medical training means successfully completing your F1 year. It is at this point you can apply for full registration with the GMC.

How do I apply to train in the EEA?

Make a comment or report a problem with this page

Help us improve