Physician Associates in general practice - #AssociateYourself
As a physician associate, working in general practice will offer a wealth of opportunities for you to progress in your career.
Working in primary care involves working with GPs and the wider practice team to provide continuity of care for patients, particularly those with long-term conditions.
This role complements that of a GP. You’ll have an increasing role to play as part of the diverse multi-skilled practice team, including:
- managing patient lists
- providing health promotion and disease prevention advice for patients
- performing physical examinations
- diagnosing illnesses
- seeing patients with long-term conditions
- undertaking residential, nursing and home visits
- taking medical histories from patients
- analysing test results
- making referrals and
- developing management plans.
Employing physician associates
“The impact of the Physician Associates has been remarkable, it’s changed the way the practice works and runs. It feels as though we are a more cohesive group of people delivering better care.”
Find out more about employing physician assocates on the Faculty of Physician Associates website.
Interested career in general practice?
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about the opportunities available
- Head over to the Faculty of Physician Associates
- Watch additional videos about working as a physician associate in general practice