Good public health practice
The Faculty of Public Health has published the Good Public Health Practice Framework 2016.
This is the second edition of the guidance, and has been developed in line with developments in professional practice. It applies to all members of the core public health workforce, including public health practitioners and specialists and those training to become practitioners and specialists.
The guidance, which complements that in other professional codes of practice, has been designed to:
- assist the public, public health professionals, colleagues and employers to better understand what good practice in public health should look like
- guide public health professionals when planning their continuing professional development (CPD)
- act as a source document for public health professionals in preparing for appraisals and revalidation
- inform the framework within which public health professionals will be appraised and recommended for revalidation
- be a reference source whenever a person’s registration or professional practice is called into question.