New work experience toolkits launched
Health Education England have launched two new toolkits to support the delivery of work experience opportunites in health.
'More than photocopying - a toolkit for the NHS' provides information and resources to help NHS and other health organisations to offer high quality work experience opportunities.
Developed with NHS trusts and other healthcare organisations, it aims answer questions and help create or improve work experience programmes. It builds on the good practice that already exists in the health service.
It has something for everyone, whether you work in a GP practice and are concerned about indemnity issues or you work in a trust and want to grow your work experience programme.
Guide for teachers and advisers
'Finding work experience in the NHS - a guide for teachers and advisors' provides information and resources to help teachers and work experience opportunities in the health service.
The guide helps teachers and advisers to better understand:
- what is on offer in the health sector
- how to start to find placementsfor your students
- the rules and requirements healthcare providers are working under.
- Download the work experience toolkit for employers
- Download the work experience toolkit for teachers and careers advisers
- Find out more about gaining experience for a career in health