Training and development (public health knowledge and intelligence professional)
As a public health knowledge and intelligence professional, you'll need to be committed to ongoing learning and continuous professional development. It's likely that within the organisation you work, you will be likely to have access to further training and development opportunities.
This might include:
- leading specific pieces of work to help planning and development of public health services
- responsibility for promoting and delivering high quality and timely health intelligence across a specific population, a region or nation
- presenting complex public health information and issues to a wide professional audience
- conveying difficult concepts in a clear and easily understood manner
- developing and leading teams
It could also be possible to undertake a level 7 apprenticeship as a health and care intelligence specialist. In addition it could be possible to do specialty training in public health in order to apply for consultant roles.