NHS Health Careers resources
Careers events and fairs are an important way to inspire people to consider a career in the NHS, and to make sure that they have the information and advice they need to make informed career decisions.
Our resources include an online sign-up form and email communication, as well as literature in the form of a booklet and eye-catching postcards. They can all help the NHS, schools and colleges with face-to-face careers-related activities such as fairs and events.
What's on offer
If you're holding or attending a careers event or fair, take a laptop or tablet and encourage people to register their interest in NHS careers with this online form. Once they've registered, they will be sent an email with lots of useful information about careers in the NHS.
We have a pocket-sized booklet called 350 Careers, One NHS, Your Future which provides information about:
- what it’s like to work in the NHS
- 65 different NHS careers
- NHS values
The information inside is colour-coded to make it easy to find information in 15 career categories, and there are details about where to find out more and how to reach us on social media. We can provide up to 150 printed copies of the booklet per order.
Download the booklet (an accessible version and large print are also available) and place an order by emailing [email protected] or phoning us on 0345 60 60 655, quoting stock code NHSCB02.
15 inspirational postcards
Each of our eye-catching postcards has a strong image and messaging that:
- busts some of the myths about working in the NHS
- provides information about NHS apprenticeships
- encourages people to find a more satisfying career
- has more information about each theme and details of where to find out more.
Links are below to the postcards with information about which card is most useful for school and college students, graduates or career changers. Online accessible versions are also available below to download
- Not all roles are clinical - save someone's life without ever meeting them (NHSP2) and accessible version)
- Not all roles are clinical - think hospital dramas tell the full story? (NHSP3) and accessible version
- Not all roles need a degree - like the idea of helping others but a degree isn't for you? (NHSP4) and accessible version
- Not all roles need a degree - want to help others? Don't want to do a degree? (NHSP5) and accessible version
- Make a difference behind the scenes - last night a * saved my life (NHSP6) and accessible version
- Make a difference behind the scenes - feel happier in front of a screen than a person? (NHSP7) and accessible version
- The NHS is an exciting place to work - do you want a job that's the same every day? (NHSP8) and accessible version
- NHS 70 years and counting - recruiting for all our tomorrows (NHSP9) and accessible version
- Still deciding - if you haven't made up your mind about your career ... (NHSP10) and accessible version
- Still deciding - when you're ready to decide on your career, so are we (NHSP11) and accessible version
- NHS apprenticeships - want to earn, learn and make a difference? (NHSP12) and accessible version
- NHS values - hand on heart. Have you made a difference at work today? (NHSP13) and accessible version
- Job satisfaction - if your job isn't bringing you joy, talk to us (NHSP14) and accessible version
- Looking for a challenge - your biggest career challenge could be just around the corner (NHSP15) and accessible version
- Feeling stuck - want to know the cure for being in a job rut? (NHSP16) and accessible version
We can provide up to 30 copies of each printed postcard. Order by emailing [email protected] or phoning us on 0345 60 60 655, quoting the relevant stock codes and the amount you need.