Information for overseas dental care professionals

The General Dental Council (GDC) is the organisation that regulates qualified dental professionals in the UK.

All dentists, dental nurses, dental technicians, dental hygienists, dental therapists, clinical dental technicians and orthodontic therapists must be registered with the GDC to work in the UK.

When you register with the GDC you are licensed to work as a dentist or other dental care professional in the UK.

The Dental Care Professionals Register includes:

Make a comment or report a problem with this page

Help us improve Health Careers