Our resources will help you bring the range of opportunities in health to life.
You can access a range of teaching resoruces and competition that will help deliver careers information, education, advice and guidance:
- Step into the NHS in schools:
- a quick guide to the NHS for students
- Patient journeys - aimed at students at Key stages 3 and 4, this toolkit helps students discover the range of NHS roles that five different individuals come into contact on their journey into the NHS. The toolkit includes a PowerPoint presentation, worksheets and links to 18 short films.
- a work experience toolkit which covers work experience in the NHS and gives practical examples of how work experience needs have been accommodated in a variety of healthcare settings
- information about the annual Healthcare Science week
- information about youth health champions - a role for 14 to 18 year olds which aims to give them the skills, knowledge and confidence to act as peer mentors
- a look around pharmacy careers to see the roles available and where you could work
- an interactive resource to help promote a career in the allied health professions
- a series of virtual reality videos so students can see for themselves what it's like to work in an allied health profession
- FAQs for teachers and careers advisers, including getting representatives from the health sector to speak to students, and literature available from Health Careers