Step into the NHS at key stage 4
Step into the NHS offers a range of resources to prepare key stage 4 students for the world of work and help them discover the range of careers in the NHS. They have been developed to support careers education and Personal, Social, Health and Economic Education (PSHEE).
Designed with flexibility at their core, our free key stage 4 resources provide you with everything you need to deliver interactive lessons with impact and confidence.
The resources consist of five topic areas that each deliver different learning outcomes and are supported by teacher guidance, worksheets and slides. Students can take interactive quizzes, work in groups, watch careers videos, role-play and even create their own CV!
The five topics are:
1. My interests, skills and choices - students will reflect on their personal interests and skills and match them with NHS careers using a questionnaire and skills map resource.
2. Work-related skills - through an engaging skills activity and role play, students will explore qualities and skills needed for a range of NHS roles.
3. Verbal and non-verbal communication - students will learn how to prepare for an interview, with engaging resources such as body language prompt cards and emotion wheels.
4. Working to help young people deal with their problems - students will use factsheets to identify common issues young people face and create an engaging campaign to help people deal with these issues.
5. Preparing for the world of work - students will learn writing techniques and top tips to help them create a CV for a specific job.
What subjects does the resource support?
Each topic area contains a range of careers and PSHEE focused activities that can also be used to support other subjects, including English, drama and citizenship. The flexible design means you can use the materials to suit your school's careers programme.
What resources are provided?
The activities within each topic area are supported by teacher notes, student worksheets and all the resources you need to deliver the lesson, such as PowerPoint slides, videos and interactive quizzes. They are designed so you can use them in their entirety or adapt them to suit your needs.
Where can I find the resources?
The resources are available to download on the Step into the NHS website.