Work experience toolkit
Teachers and careers advisers are often involved in arranging and improving work experience programmes for students with the NHS.
Health Education England has produced a toolkit for schools, colleges and further education institutions as part of its widening participation programme.
Download the free toolkit which:
- explains how the NHS works
- dispels some common myths
- provides information and practical tips on how to set up a placement
- manages student expectations
- gives examples of good practice from trusts which are already running successful work experience programmes
- contains template forms to support setting up a work experience programme
Toolkits for NHS organisations
Three toolkits are also available for NHS organisations looking to set up or improve their work experience programmes. The three toolkits cover provide useful information for those staff working in NHS organisations, GP surgeries and dental practices.