Work experience toolkit
Teachers and careers advisers are often involved in arranging and improving work experience programmes for students with the NHS.
Health Education England has produced a toolkit for schools, colleges and further education institutions as part of its widening participation programme.
Download the free toolkit which:
- explains how the NHS works
- dispels some common myths
- provides information and practical tips on how to set up a placement
- manages student expectations
- gives examples of good practice from trusts which are already running successful work experience programmes
- contains template forms to support setting up a work experience programme
Health Education England has useful toolkits for NHS organisations looking to set up or improve their work experience programmes, both in person and online.
Take a look at the Step into the NHS website for information, hints and tips on finding work experience in the NHS.