Annual nursing payments
A new range of financial support has been announced for all eligible undergraduate and postgraduate student nurses.
What is it?
From September 2020, new annual payments of at least £5,000 will be available to help eligible undergraduate and postgraduate student nurses fund their studies. Best of all, they won’t need to be repaid.
Am I eligible?
Every eligible* student nurse studying or starting their course in September 2020 (so this includes students in years 2 and 3) will receive at least £5,000 training grant via the NHS Learning Support Fund (LSF).
The package includes:
- training grant of £5,000 per year (for new and continuing students)
- parental support payment of £2,000 per student per year to help with childcare costs
- specialist subject payment of £1,000 per year for students studying mental health and learning disability nursing (new students only)
- a regional incentive payment of £1,000 per year for students studying in certain regions of the country where recruitment is particularly hard (new students only)
- help towards additional travel and accommodation costs to clinical placements over your normal daily travel costs
- an exceptional hardship fund of up to £3,000 per student per academic year
*Eligibility criteria for the new funding will be the same as the wider NHS Learning Support Fund payable to students ordinarily resident in the UK and studying at a university in England.
How do I find out more?
Further information will be available on our financial support at university page as it becomes available.
We can help you find undergraduate and postgraduate nursing courses quickly and easily with our Course Finder.