Work experience toolkit
Teachers and careers advisers are often involved in arranging and improving work experience programmes for students with the NHS.
Health Education England has produced a toolkit for schools, colleges and further education institutions as part of its widening participation programme.
- explains how the NHS works
- dispels some common myths
- provides information and practical tips on how to set up a placement
- manages student expectations
- gives examples of good practice from trusts which are already running successful work experience programmes
- contains template forms to support setting up a work experience programme
Toolkit for NHS organisations
A toolkit is also available for NHS organisation looking to set up or improve their work experience programmes. Find out more information and download the toolkit