Medical experience outside the EEA

Medical training routes vary from country to country. This has implications for UK doctors wishing to continue their training abroad or work overseas.

Below is a brief summary of the medical training routes in some common destinations.  For further detailed information the BMA's Your Guide to Working Abroad is a useful resource.

In addition you will also need to consider: immigration rules, visa requirements, conditions of employment, immunisations and other health preparations.

Below are information about Australia, Canada and the United States, developing countries and New Zealand.

Make a comment or report a problem with this page

Help us improve