Out of programme opportunities

This page outlines the different types of out of programme opportunities (OOPs) as well as important points to consider before deciding to take time out.

You may wish to take time out from your specialty training to undertake research, do some additional study or work abroad. Some schemes can count towards the Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT).

The following time-out programmes can count towards CCT:

The following programmes will not usually count towards CCT:

Important points to consider:

Find out more about out of programme (OOP) through our real-life story of a Clinical Research Fellow in Dermato-Rheumatology

Make a comment or report a problem with this page

Help us improve