Training and development (public health academic)
This page offers you a brief description of how public health academics undertake ongoing training and development as part of their roles.
Public health academics are encouraged to develop their knowledge and expertise throughout their careers. This might be, for example, by broadening their experience by working on a range of different projects and with a variety of organisations, or in different posts.
Some examples of the types of development opportunities that public health academics might be involved in include:
- writing funding applications for postdoctoral reseach funding
- further training in education and research methods
- pursuing personal research interests
- business planning and objective setting
- quality assurance and quality improvement projects