Skills and interests (public health consultant and specialist)
Read about the skills that public health consultants and specialists need.
- flexibility to cope with multiple and changing demands
- ability to meet tight deadlines
- high level of intellectual rigour
- political awareness, tact, and diplomacy
- ability to understand other cultures
- ability to work across organisational boundaries
- ability to advise, challenge, and advocate
- negotiation and motivation skills
- ability to influence without having direct authority
You might also find it helpful to take a look at our career planning section to think more about the skills and qualities you have to offer.