Skills and interests needed (public health manager)
This page provides a brief list of some of the skills and interests needed by public health managers.
Public health managers will have well developed skills in:
- overseeing the processes involved in tendering of services
- preparing and implementing project plans and strategies and their effectiveness
- setting up clear lines of communication between staff and stakeholders
- financial and people management
- identifying and influencing opportunities for policy development that will improve health and wellbeing and reduce inequalities
Public health managers have skills and knowledge primarily at levels 8 and 9 of the Skills for Health Career Framework.
You might also find it helpful to take a look at our career planning section to think more about the skills and qualities you have to offer.