Skills and interests (public health practitioner)
This page offers you a brief summary of some the skills needed by public health practitioners.
Some of the skills and qualities you'll need as a public health practitioner include:
- well developed people skills
- an ability to value difference and diversity
- creativity and adaptability
- analysing and interpreting information
- an ability to create marketing materials, publications and reports
- making recommendations about how services could be delivered
More detailed information about necessary skills can be found on the example roles we have listed on our public health practitioner role page.
Public health practitioners have skills and knowledge primarily at levels 5-7 of the Skills for Health Career Framework.
You might also find it helpful to take a look at our career planning section to think more about the skills and qualities you have to offer.