Health Careers literature
A new-look booklet and eye-catching postcards are available for careers events and discussions!
Our new printed materials aim to better support both careers professionals and teachers and those considering their career options.
The bright booklet and postcards are designed to challenge some of the myths about working in the NHS, while offering insights into the huge range of careers on offer.
Extensive research with students, careers professionals, teachers and those wanting to change career showed that people:
- want to feel inspired, whatever stage they’re at in their career
- like to have something to ‘take away’ from careers events and conversations but it doesn't need to be a comprehensive booklet
- are happy to look up information for themselves
What's on offer
We have a new pocket-sized booklet called 350 Careers, One NHS, Your Future which provides information about:
- what it’s like to work in the NHS
- 65 different NHS careers
- NHS values
The information inside is colour-coded to make it easy to find information in 14 career categories, and there are details about where to find out more and how to reach us on social media.
We’re delighted to be able to provide up to 150 copies of the booklet per order.
15 inspirational postcards
Each of our new eye-catching postcards has a strong image and message on the front that:
- bust some of the myths about working in the NHS
- provide information about NHS apprenticeships
- encourage people to find a more satisfying career
On the back, there’s more information about each theme, along with details about how to find out more.
Click on the links below to see the postcards for yourself and for information about which card is most useful for school and college students, graduates or career changers.
- Not all roles are clinical - save someone's life without ever meeting them (NHSP2)
- Not all roles are clinical - think hospital dramas tell the full story? (NHSP3)
- Not all roles need a degree - like the idea of helping others but a degree isn't for you? (NHSP4)
- Not all roles need a degree - want to help others? Don't want to do a degree? (NHSP5)
- Make a difference behind the scenes - last night a * saved my life (NHSP6)
- Make a difference behind the scenes - feel happier in front of a screen than a person? (NHSP7)
- The NHS is an exciting place to work - do you want a job that's the same every day? (NHSP8)
- NHS 70 years and counting - recruiting for all our tomorrows (NHSP9)
- Still deciding - if you haven't made up your mind about your career ... (NHSP10)
- Still deciding - when you're ready to decide on your career, so are we (NHSP11)
- NHS apprenticeships - want to earn, learn and make a difference? (NHSP12)
- NHS values - hand on heart. Have you made a difference at work today? (NHSP13)
- Job satisfaction - if your job isn't bringing you joy, talk to us (NHSP14)
- Looking for a challenge - your biggest career challenge could be just around the corner (NHSP15)
- Feeling stuck - want to know the cure for being in a job rut? (NHSP16)
We’re delighted to be able to provide up to 30 copies of each postcard per order. Place an order by emailing email@example.com or phoning us on 0345 60 60 655, quoting the relevant stock codes and the amount you need.