In general management, you could be responsible for a whole service division of staff and a multi-million pound budget in a hospital trust, or for managing primary care or mental health services across many sites.
Job roles will vary depending on the NHS organisation, but will certainly involve:
- resource and budget management
- working alongside clinical colleagues
- consulting patients and the public on how the NHS can be modernised to meet their needs.
General management includes the following roles:
- communications and corporate affairs
- performance and quality management
- project management
- purchasing and contract management
- strategic management