Entry requirements, skills and interests (reproductive science and andrology)

You can enter reproductive science or andrology as a graduate or as an experienced and registered clinical scientist. You could also enter andrology as a registered and experienced biomedical scientist.

Entry requirements

There are currently two entry points into reproductive science or andrology:

(*Higher degree as defined on page 17 of The Frameworks for Higher Education Qualifications of UK Degree-Awarding Bodies Please note this does not include postgraduate diplomas or postgraduate certificates.)

Because of the extensive variation in degrees available it isn’t possible to provide a definitive list of relevant degrees for entry to the STP. For STP positions in the life sciences (which include reproductive science), the most commonly accepted degrees will be in biomedical sciences, biology, microbiology, genetics or biochemistry. 

You need to be sure that you’ve reviewed the job description and person specification for the training (on the National School of Healthcare Science’s website), and the information on this page. You then need to be sure to match the skills and knowledge required to the content of your degree and the specialism you wish to apply for.

For full details of entry requirements for the STP, including qualifications, scientific skills, transferable skills and physical requirements, please see the person specification on the National School of Healthcare Science’s website.

Find out more about working in reproductive science or andrology

Find out more about the training you’ll receive and registration for a career in reproductive science or andrology.

It can be advantageous to have gained some experience of working in a relevant environment before applying for a place on a course or job vacancy. You should always check with the course provider or the employer to see what sort of experience is preferred or required.

Make a comment or report a problem with this page

Help us improve