Training, development and registration (gastrointestinal physiology)

Your training will depend on the level at which you enter.

Training and education programmes

If you enter the NHS Scientist Training Programme (STP) you’ll be employed in a fixed-term, salaried training post and will study towards a Master's degree in clinical science (gastrointestinal physiology and urodynamic science).

If you enter Higher Specialist Scientist Training (HSST) you’ll study towards doctoral level qualifications.

Programmes are often supported by the development of workplace-based assessment tools, assessment of equivalent learning and the development of academic careers.

Find out more about the entry requirements, skills and interests required to enter a career in gastrointestinal physiology.

Make a comment or report a problem with this page

Help us improve