Skills and interests (public health academic)
This page offers you a brief description of some of the main skill and qualities needed by public health academics.
Some of the skills you'll need as a public health academic include:
- being able to communicate well, both verbally and in writing
- being able to convey ideas and concepts clearly and effectively to a wide range of audiences
- excellent research skills
- well-developed organisational skills
- coping with changing demands
- negotiation skills
- understanding and appreciating other organisational cultures
- managing budgets
- acting as a positive role model
- managing and motivating colleagues
You may find it helpful to take a look at our career planning section to think more about the skills and qualities you have to offer.